Try to say that one ten times fast... I bet you can't! Got'em
My new philospohy, God works miracles through you the most, when you are lost. I don't know if I've gone a week so far without getting lost, so I'd say we're doing pretty well. We found a tight investigator last week named Narine because I got us lost on the way to an investigators house. Sadly, we already have to drop her, because her husband is against the church. We'll keep praying for a miracle.
Friday, We had a final meeting with President and Sister Carlson at the Mother of Armenia. I hadn't been there since my first day in country. We met on the same day that Elder Oaks and President Nelson set apart Armenia for the preaching of the Word of God, so that was tight. We learned a little bit about the history of the mission. Highlight: Talking about The Huntsman's and the first senior couple missionaries in the early 90's aka. The Doxey's. We had a devotional back at the mission office and said our goodbyes. They talked about going back to the basics. In Jacob 6 (I think) it talks about the people at the time who wanted harder answers, more complex answers and so they got it. Attitude, working your butt off, determination, following the spirit. All the little things are what makes the big picture.
The Carlson's go home on Thursday and President and Sister Bostrom get here Tuesday Night. So we'll see some big changes in the coming weeks so that will be interesting. We get to meet him on Thursday at Zone meeting and we'll have interviews to follow so that should be tight.
Last story, Yesterday we decided to go out to a little village known as Urtsadzor. It's about 45 minutes outside of Ararat. We had our taxi drop us off quickly, because we thought we knew where we were going, we were wrong. He did end up dropping us off very close to our destination, we just didn't know that. We started walking and within two minutes we were in the middle of a large field with nothing surrounding us. After that, we were strattling a stream, when Elder Webb's white handbook and words fell into the water... Don't worry I saved them. We ended up wandering the village for about an hour and a half, before we were humble enough to call and ask for directions. On the way we did pick up a new investigator and our actual investigator ended up accepting a baptismal date. So that should be fun. We decided to walk back because we are running low on money. We walked about an hour, when a marshutni came by and picked us up. Tender Mercies, it probably would have taken about two or three more hours to get home.
This morning in my morning study I read mainly about prayer. In PMG President Hinkley talks about how most of us think that prayer is just like ordering groceries. Call, order, hang up. He says that true prayer takes effort and much thought. The spirit teaches us to pray and the devil teaches us not to pray. We might as well pray then right. We are always righteous enough to pray, no matter what we did, God always has his arms open wide. I know that this church is true and that God loves each and everyone of us.
--
Մեծ Սիրով, Երեց Քրիսչենսեն



No comments:
Post a Comment