This month's focus is Finding and we are doing very well with it. Just a highlight from this week from that: We were walking to try to find one of our investigators houses in Davalu and I am not very good at directions at all so I got us lost again... We found those investigators when I was on a split with Elder G a few weeks ago so we tried to go back with no luck. We wandered through every street trying to find the house and nothing happened. At the beginning of our search we met a woman named N, who is an English teacher at the local school. She actually started talking to us and invited us to come over. We went back with a recently returned missionary and she immediately fell in love with the Book of Mormon. To top it all off, we have only met with her once and she came to church yesterday! That is my first investigator at church in Ararat in 12 weeks so I'm pretty stoked.
This week I've been reading in 2 Nephi 33. In general recently I've been studying the last words of many of the apostles and prophets, latter day and book of mormon time. Nephi throws down super hard, but it's really cool to see where he is focusing.
He says:
10 And now, my beloved brethren, and also Jew, and all ye ends of the earth, hearken unto these words and believein Christ; and if ye believe not in these words believe in Christ. And if ye shall believe in Christ ye will believe in these words, for they are the words of Christ, and he hath given them unto me; and they teach all men that they should do good.
11 And if they are not the words of Christ, judge ye—for Christ will show unto you, with power and great glory, that they are his words, at the last day; and you and I shall stand face to face before his bar; and ye shall know that I have been commanded of him to write these things, notwithstanding my weakness.
12 And I pray the Father in the name of Christ that many of us, if not all, may be saved in his kingdom at that great and last day.
13 And now, my beloved brethren, all those who are of the house of Israel, and all ye ends of the earth, I speak unto you as the voice of one crying from the dust: Farewell until that great day shall come.
His last words are focused on Christ and he exhorts will all energy of soul to convince his children to believe him and follow him. I remember from Elder Bednar's talk when he asked Elder Hales (or Scott) what do you do now that you are aging and can't do everything you used to do be able to do? They answered I only can do the things that are most important. I want to find those things that are the most important and only do those. And I feel like that's a big thing that the mission has taught me. I can no longer do the things I used to be able to do before my mission because I have to focus my whole heart might mind and strength on following the Lord and performing his work so it has allowed me to step back and look at the things that are most important. Like family, learning, relationships, exercise, anything that is worthwhile rather than wasting hours on the couch playing video games or watching TV. Maybe I'll start a garden when I get home... Which reminds me of the parable of the sower! Haha I'm just joking. Gotchya! No but I'm serious about the garden thing.
Anyway, I would just say try to take a step back this week and see if you can weed out those things that are not that important and focus on those things that are important in this life and the one yet to come. Love you all Fam,
--
Մեծ Սիրով, Երեց Քրիսչենսեն
No comments:
Post a Comment