Hey so just a quick heads up that i'll be writing on Monday's again, indefinitley. We decided to start coming up to Artashat to write on Mondays... So I would appreciate email's from time to time, if it's not too much to ask for.
So I have a couple stories for you I guess... So this week we did service for Hamo, the one that keeps the pigs, and since we showed up in the middle of the day when it was hot he didn't want to give us much. He was digging a trench from where the water comes out of this pig pen down to his plants so that he could use that water for his plants. He told us մինչև վերջ which means until the end. We, being missionaries, and teaching that we must do all that we can to endure to the end decided to do all we could to go "to the end" So we decided to race the water. As it came out Elder Webb would just make the ditch longer and then I would clean it out and we actually made it almoste all the way to the end before the water got to us... But when Hamo came back out he said what are you doing? I said until the end. We thought we understood right, but instead of a three foot ditch to his plants, we dug a thirty foot ditch all the way down the middle of his garden. So this week for service we will be filling that ditch back in...
We also got to pick fruit for another member, Marieta. We climbed up in her trees and shook it while she held out a big cloth and caught all the fruit. It was super fun! I went up the apricot tree but no matter how hard I shook, they wouldn't come loose. The whole tree was shaking, I honestly thought that I would just fall out before the apricots did. I ended up just getting on the latter with a long stick and hitting the tree until all them fell out. Good times... On our way to Hamo's after this, we were walking and there was an open door to a house so we just walked in and asked if we could serve them sometime and they said yes and told us to come back on Friday so we're trying to use service more for finding. They have a big family so that should be tight. I'll let you know what happens.
Thursday, we were called in as a zone to Yerevan for a quick get to know you meeting with the new Mission President. President and Sister Bostrom are super tight. It was kind of different not seeing President and Sister Carlson up there, but I already know that they were called by God to lead this mission and I'm excited to be serving under them. I had an interview with him and he just talked a lot about asking ourselves "what do we need to do right now to work for the next baptism?" We are trying to get the work started in Ararat and Elder Webb and I have been finding like crazy, but none of them are working out or coming to church and the one time that our investigator did come her husband was against the church so we already dropped her... When Ararat catches it won't go out, but it's just having a hard time right now. I don't know why becuase it's so hot here!
I love America and Armenia, but since today is the Fourth of July I figure I should give a shout out to America. Especially the soldiers serving in the military right now. I will always be grateful for them for protecting our rights and freedoms. It's so easy to take those for granted, but in places like Armenia they don't have nearly the same rights as we do. So thank your lucky stars every day that your living in the greatest country in the world and that is the United States of America. I love the USA! Have a good week!
Մեծ Սիրով, Երեց Քրիսչենսեն
No comments:
Post a Comment