Friday, June 10, 2016

Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes it was a really good day!

This week was full of changes. Elder Larsen and I finished our companionship off by saying goodbye to everyone so we didn't have many opportunities to meet with our new investigators... So that was a bit sad.  I was just very excited to get back to missionary work by the time transfers came around...

Friday, we went up to Artashat while we waited for our companions.  We said goodbye to Elder Lunt and Elder Larsen and Elder Peterson stayed and cleaned up the apartment and all the things Elder Lunt left... Safe to say not my favorite few hours. Eventually Elder Kay and Elder Webb showed up and we headed back to Ararat.  We spent the rest of the night in a little village called Zod and visited all our favorite grandmas so Elder Webb could get to know them.  One of the grandma's sinks broke and had a whole right in the middle so Elder Webb and I took it to the dump for her... It was a really funny time because we would just go up to random people carrying this sink and ask them where we should dump it... You should have been there.  To other missionaries:  Good finding activity!  We're going to play soccer with a bumch of kids this week because of it... So we'll see!

The other cool thing was yesterday, we went to Khor Virap again and had sharma's so that was fun...  We met an American from Oregon, who when he saw us just asked if we were from Utah... Is it that obvious?

We spent last night just street contacting.  We are very low on MSF so we wanted to walk to Zod, but it just didn't happen... It was pretty interesting.  We were able to pick up a couple new investigators and i got really stoked on street contacting.  We just went around having a lot fun messing with old drunk people.  I would put my finger up to lip and pretend I had a moustache and then asked the people if I should keep it or not.  One told me ոչ with is like NO! not just no.  So the moustache is not for me... Way too bad.

Well that's all folks.  I'm stoked to be serving with Elder Webb, he's just very excited to be on a mission and get everything done.  So it should be a good time.  We also started a friendly competition with the other elders to see who could find more.  We agreed that if it gets out of hand, we will stop, but it should be interesting... Anyways... Hope all is well in good old America.  Enjoy your summer... Oh and mom I did get your package on time thank you! Love you all!! for the most partish...






Picture explanation

Khorovats or Barbaque
Me doing the khorovats
Cake called niger smile
playing with a loom
Last of the crepes

No comments:

Post a Comment