Elder Burraston and I always joke about our titles, being clerk is so much better than President because when members are mad at us, they are only really mad at Elder Burraston. I'm saying the exact same things, I'm supporting him, but they all love me and all hate Elder Burraston because of the titles. One day I'm going to conduct the church meeting and I'm going to say, Welcome to church, I, Clerk Christensen, will be conducting this meeting. This meeting is being presided by my Clerkiness. It doesn't really translate, but it makes sense.
This week is a new year, which is good and bad. It was cool to see the Armenians shooting those huge fireworks that blow up in the sky at new years and the fourth of July out of their windows. Probably not the safest thing in the world, but it's been my experience that it's better not to think about it too hard. Vochinch. Pretty much they just pull out as much food as possible and leave it on their table for a week, which you could probably guess is a bit of a problem about 3 or four days into it. My rule of thumb is if it's green and shouldn't be, don't eat it. I was on a split with Elder Vincent, from Salt Lake, and we just slyly took all the food they put on our plates and put it into a napkin, and stuffed into our pockets. We left unscathed. God truly is a God of miracles.
The problem is that most Armenians tend to force the food down your throat, so you have to be very sly to get away without eating the food, like last night, we didn't get away with it, so we're both dying now. Hopefully, it will pass soon... That's been our entire week.
We also had our last Zone meeting of this transfer. Lets just say it was probably the best one yet. It was all about just finishing to the end, whether it be the actual mission, the end of the transfer, the end of the week, the end of the day, etc. It was sick. We showed a video called catching Kayla, I'm putting it on my google drive so you can watch it. It's super cool. We watched it in one of our Zone meetings last year, but it fit really well.
I know that this church is true. This is God's church, that has so much significance. Acts 5:38-42 is officially my favorite scripture for at least this week, it changes a lot. Put if this be God's church, and I testify that it is, it will not fall. It will continue like a rock cut out of the mountain to fill the entire earth. No matter what happens this church is, was, and always will be God's church, and we can trust in Him, and in His prophet Thomas S. Monson. We have a promise that if we follow the prophet we will not be led astray, and God will guide us through these confusing times, when the world says one thing, and God says another. The worlds voice is loud and it's powerful, but God is more powerful, He will always win, so there is no need to worry about who we need to follow.
The Book of Mormon is the word of God. I love you all,
Elder Christensen
No comments:
Post a Comment