This past week, Elder Halling and I had our last Zone training meeting in Vanadzor. That was tight. After, we went on a split the entire week pretty much. I went up to Gyumri/Lenakan, my home town, for four days, when splits are normally just over night because Friday we had to go back to Vanadzor because Doctor's serving their missions in Russia came and did a presentation for us.
I went back to Gyumri a couple weeks ago, but only to pick up my companion for a split so it was really nice that I got to be there for a while. The people of Gyumri speak super weird and when I served there I didn't understand anything and I couldn't really tell what the difference was, but now that I know the language it was pretty funny to hear their accents. I also got to see a bunch of the old members I used to serve with. That was sick.
The Doctors gave a really cool presentation on working on our strengths. Instead of focusing on our weaknesses and trying to fix our weaknesses, we should focus on our strengths, and use those strengths to fix our weaknesses. They also talked about compliments. How when we compliment we should say, "wow you worked really hard, good job" rather than, "wow you're the best!" because if we say someone is the best, there is no point for them to work harder, because they are already the best. So when we say you worked hard, it makes them want to work harder. I don't know if that makes any sense but that's what happened.
We had a really cool experience with our investigators last night. We showed up a little late, and so they were still happy, but not too stoked on us. Since it was already late we didn't have much time to talk so we showed the Restoration video. One of our investigators has been investigating for a couple months and the other one was new. The older one gets stoked on Joseph Smith and always talks about how she is doing the same thing he is. Anyway if you're still following me, the new investigator said after watching the video, "You know, I'm getting baptized in your church right?" We looked at her with great surprise and said well let's set a date for december 17th and then the older investigator looked at us and then said that she was also going to get baptized with her. That was really cool to see the new determination, for both of them, to get baptized.
I know this church is true and that this Gospel really does change lives. I am grateful that I can serve here in Armenia. Mom I don't have pics right now but I will send them later today so don't be dissapointed when you don't get pictures. They are coming. Also next week I will be with a new comp in Char. Love you!
Մեծ Սիրով, Երեց Քրիսչենսեն
No comments:
Post a Comment