Elder Klebingat...
Quick request from anyone: Will you please send me your favorite inspirational quote(s) if you have any? That would be dandy
We had a really interesting and packed week to say the least so hold on kids this could be a bumpy ride.
Ok maybe not that crazy, but Elder Klebingat came from the Area Presidency on Wednesday and spoke with us. We had to be there early Wednesday morning for a nice three hour meeting with him. So that was cool, I got to meet another Seventy this week... He spoke to us about agency and how everything we put in we'll get out. This is especially for dad, but when you plant a garden I would assume you would expect fruit. Am I wrong? How well that fruit grows and if that fruit grows depends on what you put into it. If you let the garden become overcome with weeds will the plants grow? If you don't water the plants will they grow? I don't think so. It's the same with the gospel. The more we put it in the more we'll get out. Whether that is a greater change in character or a miracle or what it all depends on our willingness and effort to receive those blessings. What we reap we sow.
Sometimes when we are putting everything in, we don't see the rewards. Why's that? We give everything and it seems like every hardship falls on us. I believe that we just don't see what others feel. I see this in myself. I isolate myself and feel like no one else around me could possibly feel that same way and I'm just that one unfortunate soul that received that lot. We only see the good in others lives and so it distracts from the good in our own lives. But we need to remember that they have the hard times just as much as we do. We are not alone. We are never alone. We have so many good things going on around us that we fail to see it sometimes. And if we don't we must pray and ask to see those miracles in our lives. Gram sent me this quote from Jeff a while back
What if the possibilities of Zion were already here, and its scattered elements all about us? A child's embrace, a companion's caress, a friends laughter are its materials. Our capacity to mourn another's pain, like God's tears for His children; our desire to lift our neighbor from his destitution, like Christ's desire to lift us from our sin and sorrow - these are not to pass away when the elements shall melt with fervent heat. They are the stuff and substance of any Zion we build, any heaven we inherit. God is not radically Other, and neither is His heaven. Terryl Givens, The God Who Weeps
I do believe this though. That Zion is all around us yet we fail to see it. We fail to see the miracles in our lives. I'm reading in Mormon right now. He explains a little about the Nephites and the Lamanites how only a few years earlier were a delightsome people who had no devisions among them becuase of the love for God that dwelt in their hearts. But by the time Mormon came around this was not so because they ceased to be astonished by the mighty miracles wrought before them. I'm not saying that we will all apostasize and become like the lamanites and the Nephites if we don't realize those miracles, but we will be a lot happier and we will have that love of God dwelling in our hearts.
We also had interviews with president today along with District meeting. A quote that Elder Lunt uses a lot is "we are what we consistently do, therfore, excellence is not an act but a habit" President talked to me a lot about being prepared for next transfer in just a four weeks here and being ready to work with whoever the Lord would have me serve with. He mainly talked about consistency and having good habits by the time that roles around. 21 days supposedly makes a habit so it gives me time to get good habits before transfers. So it's a matter of putting in the sweat and the time now so that later i don't have to. I do love the church and the gospel and my mom.
Sorry it was a little preachy... But hey that's my job!
Մեծ Սիրով, Երեց Քրիսչենսեն
No comments:
Post a Comment