Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Consistency... I've never been good at consistently doing something so this might be all you get for this letter... Haha I am jokes I'll write a decent letter for you people.
                          

First story.  We met a woman this week who wanted us to come over and we're actually going back tonight for the first time.  We went to visit a member last week only to find that she wasn't home so as we turned  to go home this woman yelled over to us telling us that she was in someone else's apartment and she can go get her for us if we want.  We told her it would be fine we'll catch her later, but we started  talking to her and the young woman sitting next to her and they both were very interested.  But the Older lady asked me if I had a girlfriend, so I said yes (I don't really have a girlfriend) and then told me to tell her both our names.  So i gave her my name and my "girlgfriends" name and she added up the amount of letters.  Since together they added up to an even number my first kid is going to be a girl... Don't ask.  So just in case you want to find out what your first kid is going to be add your names together and if it's odd you get a boy, if it's even you get a girl.  (Note: I have already found mistakes in this, but it's funny how many people actually believe these things)
                              
We also spent most the day on Saturday helping our member extend his house before he brings his wife home for the first time.  We mainly shoveled up dirt and put it in buckets to level out the ground with the house.  We also helped him lay cement and put cinder blocks up to create his walls.  So now I officially know how to build a house with only cinder blocks, a couple of little rocks and cement.  And build a ladder with my bare hands (if you remember from my first transfer).  I'm sure I'll be using that skill plenty when I get home...
                              

Okay here's my thought from building my wall this week.  While we were putting up the cinder blocks, we would stick little rocks under and between the cinder blocks to make sure they were even with the other ones already placed.  We also filled spaces with cement to keep the rocks together.  I think about the wise man and the foolish man in this case.  The foolish man was foolish because he chose a bad foundation, but what if his building wasn't very good either?  He only did the big things.  He only put rocks up and didn't put the cement in or the little rocks.  He only went through the motions.  He didn't care about keeping things even, he only cared about getting it done.  That's what made him foolish.  Through and through he probably lacked the work to actually have a good home.  He picked the sand because it was easy to get to, easy to build his lousy house on, but What really made the wise man so wise was, sure, the foundation which he chose, was enduring to the end.  He put in those little rocks, he put in the cement and he kept the rocks even.  He was never satisfied with the work because he knew that his house needed to protect his family.  He probably kept going.  He probably strengthened the walls and extended later and continued to move his house forward so that when the storm came and winds blew, his house was prepared.  We must fill our walls with those little rocks and cement.  We must do those little things.  We must do more than just pick a sure foundation .  Those small and simple things, that "cement and small rocks" could be just reading the book of Mormon everyday or paying your tithing, doing something extra for your hometeachers or the people we home teach.  Whatever it is don't be satisfied.  Satan is always trying to bring you down so you can't stop and give him a chance to tear you down. 


I love you all

Երեց




Prison where Grigor was.  He converted all Armenia to Christianity





No comments:

Post a Comment