Ok lets see...
This week I was scarred for life... We went over to a members house to dig in his yard for a while. We went early in the morning so we wouldn't get burned and all that. When we got there we found out that one of his pigs was going to be killed that morning so I thought to myself "this could be cool, I've never seen a pig slaughtered before" Haha wouldn't that have been funny if I was actually right about that? I won't go into it so that you're not scarred either, but it's safe to say that Elder Larsen had to stay up with me for a couple hours before I could finally fall asleep... If someone offers to let you see a pig get slaughtered I beg you, please say no!
Sister Carlson did happen to lighten my spirits that day though. She called to ask about those pictures we sent home last week and wanted to let us know that Ararat happened to be outside missionary boundaries and standing on it is against the rules. To be completely honest I freaked out a little bit when she told me this only to realize that she was only joking... I guess I just didn't understand. Apparently, President Carlson has always wanted to put his foot on Ararat so he might actually be able to do that now. We may possibly be heros now...
Thursday, We went down to Yeghegnadzor again, Don't worry no weird people trying to draw on my hands or anything like that. We did have another run in with the police at the top of a very tall staircase. They came up to talk to us only to make sure we weren't disrupting the peace only to find out that we are actually respectable young kids and they gave us permission to pretty much go whereever we want down there and they'll back us up. So that's been cool. Elder Larsen has never had to talk to cops until this transfer and I've had to talk to them every transfer... I promise I didn't do anything wrong! I think God is trying to tell me why it's important to carry my passport and residence card around more.
We also did find some sweet investigators down there, there's just a problem with distance. Yeghegnadzor is about two hours away from Ararat so we only go every other week or so, but as soon as we got dropped off the people swarmed us asking questions and all that. The work is progressing in that area.
Only service we did was a lot of digging, loosening up all the dirt for gardens to be planted in the coming weeks. I'm telling you good old man pops would love to live in Armenia, everyone has a garden and they use everything. Nothing goes to waste.
Conference... Right. My favorite talk was Elder Ballards, he talked about councils. He said that the most effective way to get something done is through a council, and that councils is a heavenly principal, it was through councils that the Plan of Salvation was created. This was huge for us in Armenia because we have been talking about divine councils. We are trying to establish the church here in Armenia and we are improving our ward councils. Every night we call the auxillary leaders and report to them what we did that day and what we will be doing for the next day. We also ask for any suggestions for the work and how we can help our members. Elder Ballard mainly talked about Family Councils and outlined ways that we can grow closer as a family. I would encourage anyone reading this letter to improve their family councils. I don't care how well it's going there is progression in all things. Progression is a law of Heaven. Everything we do, we can do better and God is the means to that improvement. Councils are just one of his tools for progression.
I'm sorry my letters haven't been great so I'll try to change, I'm trying to change! I'm sure this doesn't make up for it but we'll see what the coming weeks have for us. Love you all, for the most part!
We went to a cool church called norovank and this is a tank we saw in Yeghegnadzor
Մեծ Սիրով, Երեց Քրիսչենսեն
No comments:
Post a Comment