Goodbye Gyumri...Hello Ararat!
We've had a pretty big week and I have a lot of pictures, but I left my things in the apartment so I'll have to send them next week. So this week I said goodbye to Elder Potter and Gyumri and met with my new comp Elder Larsen, from Alpine, Utah, and to the small town of Ararat. So just so you know I will most likely be writing on Tuesdays for a while because there is no internet in Ararat so we have to got to Artashat to write.
So a little bit about Ararat. It's very small! I can walk from one end of the city to the other in less than ten minutes. The area was reopened when I got here and so we only have a group here. Last sunday we went to Artashat for fast sunday and so I haven't met the group yet. There are about twelve active members and we meet in a members home and are anxiously awaiting a building. It makes it a little hard because we have no place to invite people to meet. But it forces us to work better with our members and less actives. If you have any questions feel free to shoot them to me. We also have a really good view of Ararat. Just because we're in Ararat doesn't mean we're super close. We couldn't see it from Gyumri so I'm stoked to finally have a good view of Noah's mountain. "Where mankind was given a second chance"
So the last couple days have been a little hard because I don't know anyone so just getting to know members and investigators has given me a new challenge. I do have a new friend. She's seven years old and the daughter of our investigator who is preparing for baptism in April. It's safe to say she beat me at a game of checkers and we already have a secret handshake so it's sage to say we are already best friends. Sad thing is that I don't exactly remember her name... That's the next challenge for the week.
Anyway I'm very excited to be serving in Ararat for the next couple months and preparing the area for a Branch. That'll be a good day. I'm very excited to hear about the Branch getting a building in Westerley, it was Westerly right?, because that's the same thing we're working for right now in Ararat. Anyway love you lots! Have a good week!
Մեծ Սիրով, Երեց Քրիսչենսեն
No comments:
Post a Comment