Monday, January 11, 2016

Slowish week...

A couple of you were probably wondering last week why the title of the email was its cold or something like that and I didn't talk about it at all.  My bad.  I only said that because it's been snowing here in gyumri for a little over a week and last Sunday it dropped to -22 degrees Farenheit...   Super cold.  I don't think I've ever been in weather like this. 
                                   

The other thing was that we got a really cool new toilet seat and shower rod ( that thing that holds the shower curtain).  The new toilet seat has dolophins on it!! Super cool! I'll send pictures of it next week.  Oh and I'm getting a new camera today because we tried to get my camera fixed and it's gone forever.  The CPU is gone.  Oh well.  I was also really surprised to find that the shower rods aren't stronger in Armenia.  I was doing chin ups in the shower when the whole thing came down! Ridiculous right?  Don't worry we got a new one and hopefully it'll be stronger.  I'll let you know if it can support me better this week.  Tell Andrew I'm getting huge though, this new workout is really paying off.

Last Monday, everything was closed because of the holidays so that's why we kind of had a hard time writing.  We wrote at the olson's and spent the day playing Backgammon and chess.  It was actually a really good day despite everything being closed.  After we left there we were walking down to meet the Sister's from Vanadzor for a minute when this grandma stopped and told us to line up and then started to bless us.  She went one by one crossing all of us and blessing our parents our grandparents us, our kids, our grandkids and all our friends.  So straight up if your reading this you were probably blessed by this lady.  It was way funny.  Every grandma we pass just yells blessings at us like health, peace to your life, joy,  stuff like that.  Then they say մեռնեմ ջանդ which roughly translates to I'd die to your body and a couple others like that. մեռնեմ գլուխդ this ones funny too but I'll let you figure that one out on your own.  it's really funny.
                             
Other than that we had Zone training meeting   It was all about how we are going to establish the church in Armenia.  We talked about how teaching like the Savior did and striving to follow him will help establish it.  It was a really cool meeting and something our Zone Leader said really hit me.  He told us not to say anything mean or bad about our members because they are trying as hard as they can and they are looking to us for an example.  That applies to everyone,  Investigators, members, other missionaries.  Not just here in Armenia either.  We are representatives of Christ it doesn't take a name tag, so we should always be making sure that what comes out of our mouth is good and uplifting.  Because they are trying as hard as thay can with the knowledge they have to follow Christ's example.  It was a sweet meeting!

This church is true.  It is the most true church on the earth today.  I know that to be true and I know that the Book of Mormon is from God.  I've read it, I've prayed about and I've received my own answer that the book is true.  As a missionary in Armenia, I invite all to come and read and find out for themselves.  It's not a secret, we need to share it with everyone.  We can all read it and pray about it and we will all receive the same answer.  That it's true.  They don't have the Book of Mormon in Georgian, so those missionaries have to preach and teach about it, without having the actual book there.  Please never take the Book of Mormon for granted and there should be no reason not to read it when it started in English.  I'm grateful for the Book of Mormon and grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  Have an awesome week.


Մեծ Սիրով, Երեց Քրիսչենսեն

1 comment:

  1. Be very careful... Nothing is the same ... Cabinets aren't attached to the walls either.

    ReplyDelete