Monday, January 18, 2016

Mini Missionary...

Hey so just quick story, A couple weeks ago we were looking for an address here in Armenia, the address system doesn't really exist, so we spent an hour walking up and down the street trying to find an address with no luck.  After we were done we gave up and moved on to do more productive activities.  The next week we were talking to one of our long time members who knows everyone, and asked about the address that we couldn't find.  He told us he would look around and get back to us.  So he wrote it down on a piece of paper in the Family History center of the church, and he left it there. Nothing really came of it though.  So we went the rest of the week kind of forgetting about it, and moving on to find other less actives.  Then last Saturday we were helping a member with her Family History, which got me way stoked, by the way, i hope you read this dad,  and she looked over and saw the piece of paper that our member left, and she said "You know that guy that I was just talking about, the one I want to do the temple work for?  This is his grandsons family and they live right there."  She pointed across the street. We spent over an hour walking up and down a street that was nowhere near where she pointed to and we wouldn't have found it without her.

We haven't had a chance to check it out yet, but it was just really cool to see how God works.  Because we decided to help translate for our missionary couple, we found a whole less active family.  The littlest things make the biggest difference.  This letter is going to be pretty short, but I'm learning a lot more about trusting God.  He knows everything; what choice will create what consequence, what we're going to be doing in the future and why, who will be in our path that we can help.  Everything!  And that's one thing I'm trying to do better is trusting him and his plan for me while I'm in Armenia.  The work is slow sometimes, but the littlest things make all the difference.  

Love you family and enjoy these sweet pictures of our toilet seat and our calender. I also have no idea if any of this makes sense because I kind of wrote it quickly!
                                                 

Oh I also thought I would memorize Jacob 6:8-10ish so when people argue with me over Christ I can yell it at them. And I'm now serving with a "Mini-Missionary"  He's an armenian, who Elder Potter actually baptized and he will be serving with me for the next three weeks. Have a good week!

 

Մեծ Սիրով, Երեց Քրիսչենսեն

No comments:

Post a Comment