Tuesday, November 3, 2015

We’re getting there…


So from what I'm hearing from home things have been a little hectic.  Sorry mom I hope that this week is a little bit more stress free for you and you can relax a little bit.  I know that's what I want right now, but I get to wait a for that part so you might as well try to relax while you can.

This week was a little better and a little worse in a couple different ways.  Last week we got to go bowling! I didn't even know they had a bowling alley, but apparently they do and it's here in Gyumri!! Crazy stuff be going down.  The only problem was that the alley was slanted a little bit and so it was really hard to bowl.  I worked really hard and I thought that my bowling was enough.  I scored a 26...  Whops! It was really fun either way even though I lost.

I also got to go on exchanges twice this week.  I went once with my District leader in Gyumri and then again in Vanadzor with Elder B who came in my MTC group.  That was really cool to see their different perspectives on missionary work.  I always learn the most when I go on splits and I got to go three times in the last two weeks so that was really an awesome opportunity.

Oh ya mom! I finally got your letter about a week and a half ago and though I can't get some of those things I didn't get it until after October 15th so oh well! Thanks for the letter though.  I always like getting mail and I only get it every couple weeks anyway.  Someone has to go to Yerevan or come from Yerevan or something like that so I can get mail so it usually takes a month or two to get it.'

I also got to chop wood more this week.  Surprise Surprise!  Everyone is hurrying to prepare for winter so they can stay warm.  It's sometimes hard to see how hard they have to work just to stay warm, but it's fun to help them.  All the Armenians have a specific way that they chop wood and I don't do it their way.  So when I chop they get mad at me and start yelling at me in Armenian.  I usually just ignore them and keep chopping just for fun.  One day I might learn... maybe!  I am getting better at it though which isn't the best thing because it's fueling my pride.  Every time we go I feel huge and big headed at the same time so it's hurting my humility.  Oh well... That's the Christensen way


The last thing was my comp went to Yerevan while I was in Vanadzor and he got peanut butter!! Pretty exciting stuff that's for sure!!  Will you send me the peanut butter whirligig recipe when you have time.  I am going to try to make that with our peanut butter. We'll see!!   My love for the people is growing.   I know that I have been called here for a reason and the Lord truly does have a plan for me here.  I just wish I could see it. But as we learn to trust the Savior and his Plan for us our burdens get lighter and our faith grows stronger.  I know that, that's true and I know that He Loves all of us.  A good friend reminded me this week that His Grace is Sufficient.  He knows each and everyone of us and he's fighting harder for us than anyone else.  I love you all and have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment