Monday, November 9, 2015

Really Fun Week!

                                        
At the Pool in the cave
                            








     
















This week went by really fast for us missionaries here in the good old city of Gyumri, Armenia.  We sadly did not have a whole lot of success, but we were always busy.  On Monday we went to a bunch of old sites and churches with our missionary couple and it was really cool.  One place is rumored to have the coldest water in the world.  (That's formed naturally)  It's a little pool in a cave in a village outside of Gyumri where Grigor the illuminator prayed and water sprouted out. So when you go and drink from it your supposed to be healed.  I tried it when I was sick and it didn't work...  They either lied or my faith is not strong enough.
City where the cave is
One of 3 old watch towers before Soviet times.  They would light the fire on top and the other two towers would see it and light their fires to let the Armenians know of a coming attack.  The towers were blown up by the Turks
                                                                                                                                                                    We also got to help a member in a village called Yerazgavors fix up his roof for winter.  It really was only a two person job so I pretty much just sat on the side of the house and took a nap.  Not a bad thing... Elder B accidentally broke a piece from the roof and it hit him in the face. I'm glad it wasn't me because he was pretty mad after.  It was okay though because later he told us we should stay in Armenia and marry an Armenian woman.  We get that about every day... So if i don't come home in two years you know why... Just joking! I hope!!
Cool Bear
                                              
We had zone training meeting in Vanadzor last Tuesday which is always fun. The zone leaders pretty much only followed up on the last meeting we had and then had us practice.  All the new missionaries got to role play in front of the whole zone and it went...    That's all I really have to say.  It was really fun though.  We also talked about the atonement and how the enabling power has helped us get through the first part of the mission.  Vanadzor also has one of the three KFC in this place so I was stoked to go there.  We don't really have American places here so...   Me and Elder B also made a blanket fort so that was way sweet!!!  I bet you’re all jealous.  We'll probably do it again this week for Elder C’s birthday.  I guess you kind of need to find joy in the simple things.
Aragat
                                      
The last big thing we did was we had an activity with the ward that was way fun.  There was dancing, pumpkin carving, and bobbing for apples, yet it wasn't a Halloween party.  We'll just let them believe that...  Let me tell you I didn't think Armenians could party, because I myself can't party, but when you get them going they go hard.  It was really fun to see all the members in a different atmosphere. I really love the people here.  They are way cool and an example to me always.  Every week they amaze me and show me what true humility really is.  I have learned more here than anywhere else.  I hope you all have an amazing week and remember that He knows all things!
                                     

-- 
Սիրով, Երեց Քրիսչենսեն



Blanket Fort
                                                

1 comment:

  1. How come you blacked out the part where he might stay in Armenia after his mission and marry?

    ReplyDelete