Tuesday, November 24, 2015

MISSION TOUR


First off, sorry about yesterday.  I didn't get to write because all the new missionaries had to go to Yerevan to get our residency cards for us to stay here in Armenia.  We left at 10 am and got back at 9 pm so I didn't get to write.  I hope this makes up for it a little bit.

This week we had some cool stuff go down.  We had our annual mission tour last Tuesday and Elder Catcher (of the seventy) and his wife came to speak to us.  It was really cool because he met with us as zones which only have 20 missionaries in each so it was a lot more personal.  I was on the front row and he caught me sleeping a little... Whoops! So he said I'm keeping my eye on you.  Then he had me stand up and ask what question I had coming into the meeting and we talked about our mindsets.  Its a little confusing but he asked where I would want to serve and I told him Vanadzor because it has a KFC and he thought it was a good reason.  Maybe I’ll be sent there in a couple weeks.  Who knows?  He talked about the ladder of faith and the differences that were on each rung and where we all need to be is at the top saying “God can do this and I can be an instrument in his hands”.   It was really cool.  Elder B and I are doing our best to incorporate what we learned in our missionary work

I also just wanted to share a miracle that happened this week that resulted from something that happened a month ago.  W were teaching a man named S, sweet 75 year old papik, who wanted us to come back everyday since we met him. After the meeting we left and were walking to hop on a marshutne to go home, when we met a man named K.  He said call whenever and I'll come to church.  A couple weeks passed and nothing really happened. So last week one of our appointments fell through and so we wanted to follow up with K.  Problem is we have three people all with the same name in our phone.  We decided to just call all of them. Why not?  The first one was off and the second one didn't answer, but the third one did and said that he wanted to meet with us.  It wasn't the same K... But we thought ‘why not’ and agreed to meet him at the church.  We brought a member with us and K brought two friends with him who we picked up as investigators as well!  It's crazy how the Lord works.  We met a man randomly who didn't end up panning out but then it led to getting three new investigators!! It was so cool.  The Lord really does work in mysterious ways...  

My testimony was really strengthened this week.  Remember that miracles never cease to happen; I know that for a fact.  We see miracles everyday in the mission field and I bet if I was paying attention I would've seen them before.  This church is true and he work continues to roll forth.  I hope that everyone is trying to strengthen their wards wherever we are to help this work progress.  Love you all,
-- 
Սիրով, Երեց Քրիսչենսեն


1 comment: