Do you want some candy?
This week was really fun, but hard at the same time. The
week started out slow, but when we hit weekly planning we realized what we were
missing and the success multiplied immensely. We had been planning for
hopes not for guarantee, If that makes sense. We made goals for member
presence, but then we would hope we would meet people on the street and
everything would be fine. And because of that we were blessed immensely.
In a small city outside of Gyumri, called
Artik, we went this week. In this city lives one member, named A, We only
go to that city once a month so the missionary work is very slow there and we
had no investigators. But last time we were there we met two ladies
who asked us to return and visit. So when we went back on Saturday we were able to meet with one of them
and the other one didn't work out. But that was enough. We met with
this lady named, R. She is the sweetest old lady that I have ever met and
as soon as we walked in she brought out so much food you would've thought it
was Thanksgiving. I thought it would never end there was so much.
After we ate we were able to teach her a
little lesson about the restoration. We taught her about how we can be
with our families forever and how she can be with her husband and her kids
again even though they were gone. We also gave her a book of Mormon and
she said she would read and that she would also get all of her neighbors to
read with her. If that works out the work will really start to grow out
there. I'm really excited for that. We also met another lady on the
street and we will be meeting with her this week. It was so funny because
she came up to us and asked if we were Jehovah witnesses? We responded that we're not and she's said, “great do you want
some candy”? She handed us some chocolate and asked “when are you coming to
visit me?” Crazy stuff. We've had a couple instances where we meet
random people and they'll invite us into their home just like that. It's
crazy how it works out that way. So hopefully we'll be able to meet with
them this week and then the work will grow even faster in Artik.
We also built a ladder for a member after our
Senior Elder showed us how to do it.
That was fun.
| World War II Memorial |
I know that this church is true and that Jesus
Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. I know that he died for us all so that
we can be with our families forever. I find the greatest joy when I teach
others about eternal families. I hope you know how blessed we are that we
can be with our families forever. I hope you have a great week and all
that!
--
Սիրով, Երեց Քրիսչենսեն
| Russian Church, reminds me of our time in St. Petersburg |
| Mother of Armenia in Gyumri, |
How do you pay back a kind lady for all the food? I think sharing the gospel is the best gift of all.
ReplyDelete