Monday, May 22, 2017

May 1, Settling in Vanadzor... Good Ol' Vanadzor.  

I finally made it.  We are opening a new area here so white washing and starting out at zero is always a good experience right?  So we have to work harder than ever before these coming weeks.  We don't have any replacements coming in for my group so they have to close a few areas as soon as I finish including this one so we are going to try to find as many investigators as possible to give to the other elders as soon as it gets closed.

One thing I've thought about this last week was the scripture in the New Testament where it talks about if you're hand or foot offends you, cut it off.  I thought about that, and I've always thought it was rather strange that Christ suggests we cut off our foot or our hand.  But I think it really is talking about getting rid of those things in our life that offend the spirit.

We are supposedly a "peculiar people" right?  How do we become a peculiar people?   It's not by trying to blend in or fit in I can tell you that.  We're supposed stand out.  That means if there is a main stream thing in our life and it offends the spirit, we need to cut it off.  That means we don't need to see every movie, read every book, watch every tv show, or listen to every song that our friends or even family members listen to.  Sacrifice brings forth the blessings of heaven.  When we sacrifice those things, to stand out we receive so many blessings that we have no room to receive them.  

We are to be a "peculiar people."  Let's look to stand out and not just fit in.  



-- 
Մեծ Սիրով, Երեց Քրիսչենսեն

No comments:

Post a Comment