Not too much to report this week. I spent my last day in Ararat just saying goodbye to the members and my investigators and we just prepped Artashat for the incoming Elder. I arrived in Charentsavan, safe and sound. I'm already getting to know the town and the people here.
Yesterday, I got to speak in church. I talked about how we need to forgive everyone. I shared the experience of when ben was really young and we would all go up to him and say no and he would start to cry. We would all just laugh and then we would say "I'm sorry Ben" and he would start smiling right away. He would forgive us so quickly. So I just talked about becoming childlike and forgiving everyone just like Ben forgave us.
We also had a meeting with Elder Kacher from the seventy. We had one just as missionaries from Armenia and one with the Priesthood of Armenia. He was very honest and straight up, and that we must not judge this people. We must only love them. He just talked about expressing our love towards members and that's how we'll strengthen them because "no one cares how much you know until they know how much you care." Right? So we need to love and serve.
Sorry there's not a lot to report. We have Zone Conference this Friday, Branch president training tomorrow, and more and more meetings to follow. Good times. There should be more to talk about next week though.
Here's just some pictures of my apartment in Ararat... I found Harry Potter in Armenian, and here's a pic of me on an old bridge over a train track...
Love, Elder Christensen
No comments:
Post a Comment