Monday, July 18, 2016

One Year Down...One to go!

Time really does fly!  One year down!  That's crazy that I've already come this far.  And I'm only the seventh one in my immediate family to do so I'd say I'm doing pretty well! Հենրի շնորհավոր! I hit my year mark and Henry gets home.  That's exciting.

This week went by ridiculously fast. Highlights: I went on a split with my trainer for the first time since he left me in Gyumri seven months ago and probably the last because he goes home in three and a half weeks. 

Back story.  H, one of our members from Yeghegnadzor (a far away place that has little transport, so she hitch hikes to our area a few times a week) was walking with us a couple weeks ago when a lady, H, came out of her house and ran straight into us.  She didn't really want to talk to her, but her husband loved talking about faith and the gospel and so she invited us in.  We had a hard time communicating with her husband, Y, because he had no teeth and was very sick so they had to translate for us.

We only saw Y the one time.  His condition worsened quickly and passed away about 10 days ago.  Life is very fragile.  In Armenia they bury their dead just two days after their death and then one week later they go to his grave and then feast and share memories with all the family.  H invited us to the one week remembrance feast and so we spent our time with them that day.  We met a man named B from Germany, who was actually Y's brother, and he loved us.  I sat by him the whole time and we got tons of pictures with him and he kept telling us how he had lost his path toward God and he was so happy that we were here to remind him about that path.

At the luncheon, Many of their family members asked us questions like "where is Y now? what is he doing? Is he happy?"  When they asked those questions I thought about my ancestors that had passed away.  I started to think, "Could Grandpa and Grandma Cook be teaching him right now? What about Bethany, or Thomas?" I sat there for a while thinking about that. And I had a sense of peace come over me that he was indeed receiving the Gospel right then. 

I am so grateful for the Plan of Salvation, the peace and the hope that it brings to our lives. That one day we will have a perfect body, free of fault, sickness, and weaknesses.  We will rest from our labors in peace.  That we can live with our families forever.  Though I only met Y the one time, I know that I will have the chance to meet him again. I know that he will meet his family again and I know that families are forever.  It hurts me the most when I'm teaching and then I'm rejected because they don't understand or believe in the Plan of Salvation and Happiness.  I can imagine the darkness that these people feel because they do not have a knowledge of things to come.  That's why we share the gospel, serve in our callings, go on missions, and all that because God's children need to know that there is hope and if they will just listen they can find it. They can find that happiness. 

This church is true!  The Book of Mormon is the word of God and Joseph Smith translated it by the power of God.  I know that there are people waiting for us to share this gospel they just know not where to find it. Go show them! I love my mom and my dad! And the rest of you I guess...


-- 
Մեծ Սիրով, Երեց Քրիսչենսեն

No comments:

Post a Comment