Thursday, September 10, 2015

Finally Joining the Ranks
                                

My favorite thing about the MTC is going to the Sunday and  Tuesday devotionals and looking behind me to see who the Lord has called to preach his word.  I am literally looking at the army of God every time.  The best way to describe the MTC is the missionary boot camp.  They put you through 14 hours of class, role plays, teaching, and all other crazy things they can think of to ensure that we are ready to preach His word to His children.  I'm happy to say that I've made it through and I am joining His army in Armenia  on Tuesday  I am so excited!
                                           

Elder N who broke his ankle is off and gone to Madagascar
This week has been long, but full of excitement.  First off I sent a letter home telling you about and Elder who broke his ankle.  The next day we had a fast for him and his ankle healed enough for him to leave.  The day he broke it he wasn't even putting pressure on it, but after we fasted for him he was walking on it like nothing had happened.  The Lord was definitely helping him.  It was sad though because he left last Friday for Madagascar and he was really cool.  But he will do a lot of good work there.                                                                                                            

Recently, we had a zone change so we lost all our investigators, which was really sad.  Now we're teaching Jirar, Tatiana, Parker, and Hunter.  They are all making good progress, but we only teach them one more time each so we won't be seeing them anymore.  It's sad because we just met them and now we already have to leave.  That's been the hardest part of the MTC is randomly losing our investigators and having to start all over.
Elder Jackson 7'2" if you are wondering
 Bishop Causse came to speak to us.  He is the first counselor in the presiding bishopric.  It was an awesome talk and a great one to end on for sure.  He talked about how the Lord could call the perfect missionaries, who knew the language, knew how to teach and knew what they were doing, but the Lord doesn't want those missionaries.  He wants the missionaries that are humble enough to receive his power.  He also talked about being Bold missionaries.  There was a story he shared about an elder who knew how to be bold.  The missionary went up to a man and said "hello brother!" the man replied "I am not your brother" in a very grumpy tone.  The elder smiled and said "That's Wonderful" To which the man replied "why is that wonderful? I just said that I wasn't your brother."  The missionary said "It's wonderful because I have only been here a few days and you are my first investigator!"  Long story short though this continued on for a while and eventually the man was baptized.  He has now served as a Bishop, Stake President, and an Area Seventy or something like that.  A bold missionary is humble, consecrated, and obedient.  At the end of his talk he said "I need to practice what I preach, I am now going to play a song for you"  So at the end of the meeting he went out and played this awesome arrangement of Come Come ye Saints.  It was really cool to say the least.

with Elder Hawker
                                    

We went to the temple for the last time today and it was hard.  We stayed there for so long until we finally decided that we should go.  It will be the last time I will go for 22 more months, but the last year of getting to go every week really prepared me for it.  I'm going to miss the spirit that the temple brought into my life, but I know that the Lord needs my help to prepare the people of Armenia for their own temple.

Last time at the Temple for 22 months
                                   
When Elder B and I were sick and on meds
Health wise.  I am getting a lot better, thank you for all the medication and prayers.  I should be completely healthy by the time I reach Armenia.  Last week was really hard because I was coughing so much and I was always a little out of it, but the Lord helped me to study and become healthy again.  I'm grateful for His hand in my life.  The Lord really does take care of his missionaries.  I love all of you, (especially pops and mom)!! I guess I will talk to you all on Tuesday. That'll be cool                           

I met this Elder from Thailand and one from Canada. Both are learning English

Ran into my EFY friend



1 comment:

  1. Go get the ones who are ready to change their lives with truth and joy. We love you Jacob and pray for your success as a great missionary in our loved East Europe Area... Yerevan Armenia. We pray that those you meet will be kind and thoughtful and patient as you speak the Armenian language. If you see George (he is a wonderful chef married to an Armenian wife) tell him hello. He won't remember us but we sure remember him. He had the best food and naan bread I ever ate. In Yerevan there is a little part of the city called Vegas... Where the casinos are... We never stopped there ... After all - we were missionaries. But you go through Vegas and you find George's restaurant.
    Love the people and Love Armenia!!!
    All good things...
    Love Aunt Becky

    ReplyDelete