So I haven't been healthy like the entire time I've been here so this week hasn't been much different. Yesterday we were supposed to host the new missionaries and my comp didn't want me to because he said and I quote "You look like a ghost" but I fought him (figuratively) and I won so we hosted. I met a sister who knew Will, going to Japan, but I can't remember her name. Mark came in but I didn't get to host him sadly. I did get to see him though so that was sweet!! But my companion was right... I hit a brick wall and I was way worse than I have been so I went to bed early and I'm seeing the doc later today so I'll let you know how that goes.
We got to Skype again yesterday and that was interesting to say the least... We talked to the same guy we talked to last week and he just wanted to help us with our Armenian. We had to put our foot down, because the point was not for us to be taught, but for us to teach him. So we got a short lesson off and then we had to say goodbye. The lesson was only 15 minutes but I think we really helped him even if he didn't really want us to.
Brother Wahl also gave us the see no girls, hear no girls, talk to no girls speech. It was interesting to say the least, but he told us that we really need to focus on the work. When we left for the mission we left everything behind so we can't let thoughts of home keep us from helping with the Lord's work. I miss everyone everyday, but I know if I dwell on it I won't be able to help my investigators as well. If we are thinking about our investigators all day every day we are open to revelation all the time. We are saying to the Lord that we will always be ready to work, but we are unlikely to receive revelation if we only set aside our three hour study block for revelation. It doesn't work that way. We have to work with what the Lord gives us not the other way around. Anyway this week has been really big on relying on the Lord. It's really hard to sit through class when I'm so sick but when I remember to rely on HIm I can get through it. I'm so happy to be here and I don't want to be anywhere else. Love all you people.
Elder Christensen
P.S. So right as I said that they don't serve salmon here, they served it! But it was terrible, no offence to the MTC, but it just comes to show that the best salmon is found at home. I hope you all have a wonderful week
PPSS I fly out Sept 15 at around 5 p.m. to Paris and we have a two hour layover in Paris on the 16th and then a 4 1/2 hour flight to Armenia. Wow!
No comments:
Post a Comment