Monday, April 24, 2017

Fulfilling Prophecy & pictures of Genocide Day


I'm being transferred!! Curve ball-- since this is my last transfer, I thought I would have just finished in Ajapnyak, but I'm going to Vanadzor!



This week I read President Monson's Biography and I would highly reccomend it to anyone.  I have never been more certain in my life that President Monson is the Prophet of God and that he leads and guides us today.   I've also never had a greater desire just to help everyone I see, since I've read it.  There were hundreds of instances where he was prompted to call on someone, or stop by someones house, or visit someone in the hospital, right when they were in need the most.  There was a time he was on his way home, and he had a prompting to visit a member, who lived tucked behind many other buildings. When she answered the door, she said I've been waiting for someone to call me all day and no one did, all the letters were just bills, nothing came.  How did you know today was my birthday? He assured her that God loves her.  I found it amazing that God was even willing to send a young Bishop to a lonely women on her birthday. 
                         

Another cool story that had a large affect on me was when Portugal was opened as a mission, there were elections going on with a communist party in the running in 1975.  The mission had recently been opened and they worried that the mission would be closed if the communists won.  President Monson was asked to dedicate the land for missionary work and was also asked to pray to have the Lord intervene in the elections so that the missionary work could go forward. He did and the Communists lost and missionary work has continued to go forth. 

At that same time, the Soviet Union was at full power and places like Armenia were not available for missionary work. I doubt many people thought they would see the day when missionaries went into the Communist torn countries.  And yet I'm writing from one of those countries. But they did, because this is God's church. The scriptures say 
For verily the voice of the Lord is unto all men, and there is none to escape; and there is no eye that shall not see, 
neither ear that shall not hear, neither heart that shall not be penetrated. 
The iron curtain did fall, and so did communism so that the church could roll forth like a stone cut out of the mountain without hands.  God opened the way for the church to be here and he will for other countries.  I don't know how, but that's why God is at the Helm, and the church will continue to progress. Fun Fact, when President Monson was called as an apostle there were only 12 operating temples now there are over 150.  I wonder how many there will be when I'm 89 years old.  

Մեծ Սիրով, Երեց Քրիսչենսեն
New Companion:  Elder Sommer from Roy, Utah.  Elder Sommer was in my district last transfer so I'm stoked on that.  I'll be living with two other elders, so four total.  Elder McGavin who went to Olympus and the Elder Andros from Worchester, Massachusetts.  I get a bunk bed too!









No comments:

Post a Comment