This week we've been putting a big emphasis on inviting people to English group, we can't call it a class, because we can't openly proselyte so we've been teaching English as a finding idea. though no one came to our class, we were able to pick up a couple investigators from other sources. An old man, who was actually drunk at the time, walked into the mission office on Komitas and asked us to come over. The branch mission leader of Arabkir was there and he offered to come with us to visit. Well, we had no one else to visit so it was a worth a shot and we haven't picked up investigators in a while. So we walked in and though the dad is a bit crazy he had two daughters who were home and they asked really good questions and actually wanted to find out about us.
I think the biggest miracle was they didn't ask the normal Armenian questions: Hi how are you? You're from America? How do I get there? will you take me? (No, I just met you and it's hard to do) how much is your rent? (normal...) You look Russian, are you sure you don't know Russian? (Yes I'm sure) Why are you here?(we're preachers) Are you Jehovah witnesses? (no maybe you've seen our building across from Tashir pizza) Oh your the Mormons, never mind. Normal conversation in Armenia.
No comments:
Post a Comment