Monday, October 3, 2016

WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN GEORGIA?
The Metro in Georgia
                                   

FYI Apparently it's okay to send pics with other full time missionaries in them so I'll probably start doing that. 
My MTC group...mostly

                                   

This last week was fairly normal until Thursday. We had a few visits, did some welfare stuff, and that's about it. We were finishing up the night on Wednesday, when a member called and asked if he could come up the following day to do training with us.  We told him we would actually be in Georgia for the next couple days, and he immediately switched to English and said in his thick Armenian Accent "What are you doing in Georgia?" It was pretty funny... mainly from the accent...
Georgia
                                    

Thursday was fun though.  We went down to the office at about noon and ate lunch and then started our six hour excursion to Tbilisi, Georgia (Yes, I just wanted to use the word excursion).  Our driver, super cool member, loves golf so we stopped at a hill by Georgia and we got to hit golf balls towards Turkey.  I'll have to show you the video when I get home, because it won't let me send it over my email...  
Georgia
                                     

That night, we got to the church in Tbilisi and they sent us, to our areas via Metro.  The only problem being that we don't speak Georgian.  It wasn't too hard though, we just got on and waited until the last stop.  The whole time we were just trying to speak with the Georgians.  Most of my conversations were in English, Georgian, Russian, and Armenian... It was cool... I can kind of speak four languages.  We found one lady who thought we were lost.  She spoke a little english, but didn't really understand me too well so whenever I told her we were okay, she would call her husband who knew Armenian so I could talk to him. 
On a bridge in Georgia
                                       

About a year ago, when I was in my training I went on splits with Elder B and two Elders from Georgia and this week I got to go with one of them again.  Elder M from Washington, Utah.  After Mission Leader Conference on Friday, I got to go out with him and try my best at street contacting in Georgian.  It pretty much went like it did the day before.  I said hello, how are you, I don't speak Georgian, Do you know Armenian, I know Armenian.  And if they didn't speak Armenian I just passed it back over to Elder M.  We were able to find some new investigators.  There was one man, V, that I started to talk to, but soon found out he didn't know Armenian.  So i could have just sat there and supposed that my part was done or I could have tried someone else.  I noticed a man nearby that was kind of looking at us weird, so I thought he probably knows Armenian.  So I tried him and in fact he did know Armenian! It was a miracle!! I had a short little conversation with him and then he got on the bus and left.  It just goes to show that nothing comes until after the trial of our faith. And the first guy even ended up setting up a return appointment with us.  It was so fun!!
                                    

Georgia is super cool.  I'm just curious how the U.S. got a state all the way over here.  And whoever did the map for the U.S. has got it all wrong! Just a heads up. (Haha Jokes)

Anyway I hope you all have a good week!
Մեծ Սիրով, Երեց Քրիսչենսեն

View from a Georgian apartment

Georgia has Wendy's and McDonald's
We just had to...



We golfed on this hill...just for fun


My missionary tag in Georgian and Armenian


A traditional Georgian Dish



No comments:

Post a Comment