CONFERENCE
I just wanted to share a cool story that I left out last week. You all watched conference, you all know what they said, so instead of reiterating what has already been said.
They really did put an emphasis on the Book of Mormon. That is the word of God, and not taking it for granted. In Georgia, they don't have the Book of Mormon fully translated. They have a couple verses and they are currently finishing up the translation, but it's a long and daunting task (Yes, I just wanted to use the word daunting). The missionaries up there use pamphlets, that are translated, and Russian copies of the Book of Mormon, but not everyone reads Russian and Georgians in general don't like Russians, so it doesn't always go well. There are members that have testimonies of the Book of Mormon, but have never read it because they don't know Russian! How amazing is that!
Well last week, when I went to Georgia, I saw an unexpected surprise. As we arrived at the church, President pulled out a package and handed it to a Georgian member that was there. When he opened it, we found out that it was the Final Draft for the Georgian Book of Mormon. They only have to read through this once and then they will start printing the Book to be passed out. As soon as he saw what it was, he started crying. The way he opened it, the way his eyes feasted on those words, was incredible. I've always had the Book of Mormon in my life. In English, always available. I always took advantage of that Book. But this man, has never had it in his native language, he has never had that real opportunity to read it like we have. And now that it's so close he can barely wait. And it made me really think of my testimony of the Book of Mormon. So I would just like to add my testimony to all those who have testified of it before. That it is true. The Book of Mormon is the Word of God, it was translate by Joseph Smith with the Power of God, and it is the most true book on this earth. I know it to be true. I know it, I know it, I know it. And I know that nothing can change my mind.
We truly are blessed to have the Book of Mormon whithin reach at all times. The same with Temples, with Prophets and Apostles. Things that some people have never even heard of, things that people would sacrifice all that they have to see, or hold in their hands. I am so grateful for the Church. I love you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment