Monday, October 12, 2015

Lots of Meetings...

This whole week has been just meetings for me pretty much. I'll outline the week for you.
Monday-P-day We played soccer wrote and shopped and that's about it
Tuesday-Zone Training meeting.  We went to Vanadzor where our ZL's are and had a meeting with our zone and President and Sister Carlson.  It was really cool because we got to see mostly everyone from our MTC district and we got to learn from our Mission President and Zone leaders.  He emphasized that we need to have a focus on Baptism with temple mind set.  It was really cool.  They also talked about how we should ask more questions so we can better help our investigators.
Wednesday-We went to Yerazgavors ( a small village outside of gyumri that we go to every week).  We met with members, but since Aremenians don't believe in working in their garden when it's raining we couldn't do any service.  We did teach an investigator out there named K who's wife died this year and literally has no one to talk to so that was really sad.  He said he had no hope to live so we're working with him a lot this week to increase his hope.  He's a way cool guy so I hope he realizes how much the Lord loves him.
Thursday-Weekly Planning day so we were inside most the day.  We did get to go the English class to meet wih our investigator A who is trying to quit smoking.  He's a way classy guy and everything we teach he's like that make's sense.  We taught him about the Plan of Salvation and one of our members L kind of went off and drew the whole Plan of Salvation on the board, but our investigator took it well.  The spirit was really strong in that lesson so I'm hoping that A will be able to find the strength to quit smoking and remember the Lord in all things.
Friday-  We got to go to Yerevan the capital and that was way cool.  We had to get physicals and residency cards so we got to drive three hours both ways to get there.  It was way cool though and I got to play the piano on a REAL piano again.  They only have plug in keyboards so it felt like christmas for me.  We also had a meeting with the Mission president about adjusting to missionary life.  It really helped me with my homesickness and my attitude is slowly changing about it.  I am truly grateful to be in the Lord's service.
Saturday and Sunday we watched conference at our senior couples place.  They are actually from Evanston so I told them to stop by our place when they get home in May so I hope that's okay.  I really liked conference and i learned a lot.  One of my favorites was the ponderrizing one and I actually want to start doing that.  The word of the Lord has power so Imagin if we wrote it on our hearts every week.  I also liked the one about mom's because I love my mom and I know that I would not be here without her and then the one about how babylon was a superpower with 300 foot walls and 80 feet thick.  And it's gone, no trace.  That's how Babylon is today, the super power that satan has will be vanquished at the last day.  Anyway I hope you have an awesome week my family and remember that the Lord has his hand in each of our lives.  Love you,
P.S. Sorry no pictures maybe next week


-- 

Սիրով, Երեց Քրիսչենսեն

No comments:

Post a Comment