Monday, October 5, 2015

                                   

I really don't know where to start.  The last week has probably been the hardest I've ever had, but I'm learning a lot.  My understanding grows more and more everyday and I'm becoming more confident with my language skills.  Some Armenians are impatient with me though and will take over my reading or ask my comp to help.  That's a little discouraging but also funny at the same time and it's a good way to get our investigators to read the Book of Mormon.  I've been really homesick the last week and have been struggling a lot, I'm hoping it will pass.
                                     

So I went on exchanges this week with Elder C from my MTC group this week, but it didn't really work out so we ended up just reorganizing our Area book... That was fun!  We also went to some old Armenian churches and they reminded me a lot of when we were seeing those churches in Russia.  Way cool, but we weren't aloud to speak any Armenian or wear our name tags inside so that was really interesting.  The only time in our mission where we will be aloud to look like tourists.  So we taught an investigator this week named S, who has a baptismal date, but won't come to church so we have to push it back.  Every time we teach she is so willing to do everything we ask except go to church so it's really hard.  Maybe this Sunday though, she had a funeral yesterday so she couldn't come.  I have high hopes. 

One of the churches being renovated 
                                                                                                                                                                                              
I'm grateful to be here sharing the gospel with these people, in this wonderful language and I see the Lord's hand in my life everyday.  Paul teaches us to have joy in our tribulations and our hard times, and if we bear them with patience we will be blessed.  I've never met more patient people than here.  The people have suffered a lot in the last fifty years, but they are happy and willing to accept the good news of the Gospel.  I can't imagine being anywhere else on my mission but here.  I love this Gospel and the happiness it brings.  We did get to see the Saturday afternoon session of conference yesterday and so I know who the new apostles are.  They are going to do an amazing job and I already know that they are called of God.  
We will watch the rest in English on Saturday and Sunday.  I hope you all have an amazing week!! 

-- 
Սիրով, Երեց Քրիսչենսեն
Don't worry, I still have McDonald's














2 comments:

  1. I really thought Armenia was beautiful. The people were very nice to us and looked into your eyes. That didn't happen too often in Russia. Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Elder ... You will get the hang of it ... You are blessing the lives of all you meet.

    ReplyDelete