Sunday marks halfway in the MTC!! I'm so excited because I'm no longer senior companion. Like it really makes a difference anyway. Me and companion are practically equals I just pull the Senior comp card to be funny.
| Armenian and Georgian Districts Together |
Just to make sure dad knows I have been practicing the medley everyday and I'm getting close with it. I'm going to try out to perform for my ward next thursday. We are also going to do something as a district and I'm going to accompany them. Which i'm very excited for.
This has been a really cool week. As I told you via letter we committed margarite to baptism so now we just need to keep it that way. And then we taught Tigran yesterday and we thought that the lesson was going to be horrible, but we started talking about the holy ghost and how we can always have it with us. He told us that he wanted it and so we asked him to be baptized and he said YES!!! We were so excited. Everytime we get one of our "investigators" to commit to be baptized we think of some best two years quote. This time it was when Kyle tells them that he wants to be baptized and they just say great without looking up. That's how I felt because we didn't think that Tigran would ever agree to baptism.
We also had a really cool lesson from sister Boyle this week on trusting God. She told us that she wished everyday that she could be with the Armenians. She loves them so much and we could all feel it. Her love literally filled the room. But she said that we have to trust God and she has to trust us to take care of them while we're there because she can't. Her place is helping us prepare to help the Armenians. If i can love the Armenians with an ounce of how much she loves them it'll be enough. The whole lesson made me so excited to serve the Armenians. It also made me want to work harder and so me and my comp have doubled our efforts.
Also for dad, We have memorized our purpose, James 1:5 and the baptismal challenge in Armenian. I'm also memorizing JSH 1:16-17. Everytime we memorize something it makes me feel like we can actually do this. The Lord is taking care of his missionaries though. I see miracles everyday and I wish I could describe how i feel about the Lord's work. I know that the Armenians are waiting earnestly for the gospel message and I'm trying to get there. I know that the Lord is carrying me through this. We heard the story this week about how the Savior was going through a mans life with him. They were looking at the footsteps in the sand and for a lot of his life there were two sets of footprints. But at the hardest times there was only one set of footprints. The man turned to Jesus and asked why he left him at his greatest need. Jesus replied that those were the moments that I was carrying you. This is how i feel right now. Everytime I feel like I can't get the language I remember that the Savior is carrying me through it. I love this gospel and I can't wait to help the Armenians. Love you Fam!
No comments:
Post a Comment