You're really going to get a kick out of this, the pen was in
my pocket the whole time!!
Dear Family,
The last week has flown by and dragged on all
at the same time. I can't believe its only been two weeks, but then I
think I've already lost two weeks of my mission so it's a weird process for
sure.
So this week we had to drop Arsen for some
reason. We don't really understand since everything is in Armenian, but
then we started up with Tigran and Margarite. Margarite is very open to
the gospel but Tigran is former military so he's not about to change his ways
yet. It kind of makes me sad. The investigators are played by our
teachers, but they are real people at the same time. Brother Wahl told us
that he loves Arsen like a brother. The MTC is sweet because they have
the teachers play the roles of real people because if we say something that can
help them, the teachers can turn to the real people and help them. Since
we're set apart as the Lord's missionaries we are given revelation for those
investigators regardless of whether their just role play or not. Teaching
is fun its hard though. Our last lesson with Margarite, I accidentally said
that I know that through the Holy Ghost true. It didn't make any sense...
One of the elders i sit next to in class got
sick and he gave it to me. So last night I had like a half hour of sleep,
which was rough. We went to the temple this morning and I fell asleep a
couple of times but luckily my trusty comp was there to keep me awake.
But then he fell asleep so the old man next to us had to wake up both of us because
we started snoring in the session. Whoops!!
On Sunday we had a MTC travel guy talk to us at the
devotional. It was actually really good. He talked about how he hopes all of us get dear john letters so we can focus on the lord. He had
everyone stand up who had someone waiting for them and most stood up. He
also asked whoever received a dear john letter to stand up and one elder stood
up. We all clapped for him.
Life's good here in the MTC. My comp and
I decided to make a goal to SYL all the time so we'll see how that goes.
We have to put stickers on our tags so the other missionaries know we are only
speaking Armenian. So far so good though. I'm not sure how well
it'll work out but it's worth a shot. Thank you for the package and also
thank Phyllis for me. I'm pretty sure I'm doomed to get fat here based on
how much food we have now. Anyway love you all!!
Love, Elder Christensen
Package from Elder Cox' sister's mother in law:)
No comments:
Post a Comment