Monday, July 10, 2017

The Days are winding down...
                                        

That is so crazy that I'll be back next week.  FYI: IMy homecoming is Sunday, July 23, 1:00 pm at 1320 South Salt Lake City Utah.  In case anyone is interested.
                                    

This past week went pretty well.  We were able to do service for a potential investigator, who we ended up picking up and picked about a million cherries. It was pretty fun climbing up and down the trees to get them all.  It was super muddy though due to all the rain we were having so we got covered in mud.  It was great.  We also chopped wood for a family in Margahovit which I always enjoy. My body is SO sore though.  Three hours of chopping wood will take it's toll on you. That's for sure.
                                   

I'm trying to finish the Book of Mormon one more time before I finish up so I was reading in 3 Nephi this week when Christ comes and gives the Sermon on the Mount  to all the Nephites.  One part stuck out to me more than it did before.  
It says in Chapter 12
10 And blessed are all they who are persecuted for my
name’s sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven

11 And blessed are ye when men shall revile you and persecute, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake;
12 For ye shall have great joy and be exceedingly glad, for great shall be your reward in heaven; 
for so persecuted they the prophets who were before you. 

And I also read this
the Standard of Truth has been erected; no unhallowed hand 
can stop the work from 
progressing; persecutions may rage, mobs
may combine, armies may 
assemble, calumny may defame, but 
the truth of God will go forth boldly, nobly, and independent, till it has penetrated every continent,visited every climb, swept every country, and sounded in every ear; till the 
purposes of God shall be 
accomplished, 
and the Great Jehovah shall say the work is done.
                      
It stuck out to me that those who are persecuted will have the Kingdom of Heaven, which is pretty amazing in itself and when we are persecuted it it sometimes hard to remember the end goal.  We know the ending, we know that the gospel will roll forward boldly, nobly and independent, NO unhallowed hand can stop the work from going forward. No matter how bad the future looks, no how morbid, or unsure, the Gospel will visit every clime, it will sound in every ear and it will penetrate every country. I testify that God's ways are greater than our ways. And that there are things that we can not see and comprehend with our Physical Eyes.  I know that this is the true church, that God Lives, that he loves each and everyone of his Children, and that Christ died so we can live again.  Every unfair thing about this life will be made fair through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. 
                                 


Մեծ Սիրով, Երեց Քրիսչենսեն










No comments:

Post a Comment