Monday, December 12, 2016

SLOW BUT GOOD WEEK

This week went by really quickly, but first off here's a shout out to Dad, and James! Happy birthday on Friday and Sunday!

My, good friend of mine, left on a mission last week and so we went to Yerevan on Monday and were there when he got set apart and then we got to be his companion for a couple hours before he left..

We played a game and we lost...tradition in Armenia is that the losers have to spread ASH on their faces.  We lost
We  had Zone-Training Meeting.  We talked about the Atonement and Missionary work.  Probably my favorite that we've done so far.  Elder Burraston and I will only have one more in January so I guess we better make them good.  And then maybe they'll send me to my last area without leadership to die in peace. That would be nice... Normal missonary work would be so nice right about now, just preaching the Gospel.  It's okay though, I was called to Armenia for a different reason.  My missionary work is strengthening the Branch, setting a foundation for others to build upon so that good strong missionary work can be done in the future without problems.  

I spent a couple days on a split with Elder P, from my group. I haven't done that since Ararat.  It was cool to catch up with him and we had some really good meetings with Less-Actives that I have never met with before. We are really focusing on finding through memebers and we met with one member, V, that loves us now because we connected with her three year old grand daughter.  We are going to try to work with V's son and daughter in law.

We've decided that we need to gain the members trust better.  And you know it's not really that hard.  All it takes is some candy here and there, a phone call just to see how they are doing, a friendly reminder about church. And we're seeing many less-actives come back. The problem being is everybody is sick right now so we have less-actives coming back, but all our solid members are sick so they couldn't come.  One day we're going to randomly have 50 people at church once everybody becomes healthy.  Probably my last Sunday in Charentsavan.  It always seems like it happens that way.

I've been getting really stoked on mind palaces, where you store scriptures in your mind, by using images that coincide with numbers. So I based my talk in church yesterday on one about how we all sin.  So I pretty much just memorized a bunch of scriptures this week.  A seventy came in March and taught us how to do it, and I'm just now getting excited about it. 
Love you all, again happy Birthday to James, and Old man pops!!
-- 
Մեծ Սիրով, Երեց Քրիսչենսեն
 
Love potion anyone???





No comments:

Post a Comment