Monday, December 7, 2015

Circuhat up?


There is so much to say about this week.  First off is, this was my last full week with Elder B and we will be finding out about next transfer tomorrow so I'll let you know what happens.  It's likely that I'm staying in Gyumri for another transfer so I'll probably be here until March.  We’ll see though.  There is no for sures.

We also had our last Zone training meeting in Vanadzor so that only means one thing... KFC!  That's all I really got out of it.  Just joking... Sort of.  Last week they had a lot more people involved in the training so that was really cool to see a change in that regard and we learned a lot about becoming all around cowboys. I mean missionaries...  We've been focusing a lot on how we need to be able to be good at finding, teaching, inviting, and baptizing not just good at one of them.  The other thing is that we need to focus on establishing the church here in Armenia.  So we have been trying to work a lot more with less-actives and trying to strengthen our wards.  The work is progressing slowly but surely.

Last week we also finished a ladder that we built so I can officially say that I've made a ladder with my bare hands!! So If anybody wants me to make them a ladder when I get home I'll definitely help you out even though it's still probably a really bad idea. 
                                              

On Friday we went to a Russian Circus!!!  It was way cool! they had lion’s, camels, dogs, and horses do tricks and they did some other things that I didn't think were humanly possible.  My camera may or may not have broken this week so I'll try to figure it out but I might need to buy a new one.  but it was running out of battery so I took a couple pictures and I'll get more from the other elders and send them next week.  It was really cool though and we got front row seats too.  We got messed with a lot by the clown and he actually called me into the ring to play soccer with him.  I was confused because I went in while they were setting up the lion cage so I was worried that I was going to get locked in there with them and become part of that act.  Luckily, all that happened was he stole my shoes and then we played soccer and pass and stuff.  We had a really good time and I have a video but I'm not allowed to send it so maybe one day you'll get to see it. 
                                             
Last but not least we went to Stake conference yesterday in Yerevan so we took a tour bus down from Gyumri.  It was exactly like the one we had in St. Petersburg which I thought was cool and on a side note-- will you send me some of the St. Petersburg pictures?  the Armenians would love them.  But it was a really good meeting! President H talked about the three steps to happiness.  They are going to church, prayer, and reading the scriptures.  It was cool to hear from the man holding the keys over the stake because we have been focusing on connecting our less actives to the key holders.  Anyway I learned a lot from it and I got about 50 words to learn so I'm stoked about that.  Anyway I hope you all have a marvelous week and mom will you let me know what Skype name to call and I’ll let you know when I will be calling on Christmas next week.  The church is true and so is the Book of Mormon.  Remembering Christ is this christmas season.  Love you all







Սիրով, Երեց Քրիսչենսեն

No comments:

Post a Comment